Maths courses aim to create confidence and enjoyment in doing mathematical activities. Students develop an awareness of how maths can be used to solve problems in everyday life. They also learn of its contribution to the development of society.
Maths course also aim to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in the following areas:
- logical, flexible, fluent and original thinking;
- computation and problem solving skills;
- appropriate language for the effective communication of mathematical ideas and experiences;
- an ability to recognize mathematical patterns and relationships;
- a variety of methods for calculation and problem solving;
- an awareness of the basic structure of mathematics by an appreciation of the nature and inter-relationship of the various strands of mathematics.
CLICK on the following link:
Years 7–10 Mathematics Syllabus (pdf 182 KB)
Mathematics Brochure (pdf 374 KB)