Nations of Origin 2023
Orange City Council, in partnership with PCYC Orange are entering teams into the 2023 Nations of Origin.
Nations of Origin is a multifaceted sport, cultural, education and leadership program, which culminates around NAIDOC week annually. The program has four main components: Reconciliation, Education, Cultural identity and Sport.
The Nations of Origin tournament has been designed to promote reconciliation within communities and engage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non- Aboriginal members in PCYC through the games of Rugby League 7’s, Basketball, Netball, and Gymnastics.
The tournament will be held during the week of the 11th – 14th July 2023: In Western Sydney
Orange has entered teams into:
· Rugby League - Under 16’s - Players need to be born in either 2007 or 2008
· Netball – Under 14’s - Players need to be born in either 2009 or 2010
· Basketball - The Tournament will consist of two age groups: under 14’s and under 16’s
14’s - need to be born in either 2009 or 2010, 16’s - need to be born in 2007 or 2008
In order for a player to be eligible to represent their Nation each player must:
- Have a minimum of 80% school attendance and this figure must be verified with the participant’s school or a letter from the school supporting the young person to attend. (If special arrangements are in place with the school e.g. Student only attends 3 days per week then it is 80% attendance based on 3 days per week).
- Commit to weekly training and cultural education sessions
- Have completed and handed back all of the forms by the due date
- Have no current negative dealing with NSW Police
- Be the correct age
Payment includes accommodation, transport, uniform, breakfast and dinner. Players are responsible for their own lunches during their stay and when travelling to and from the tournament.
Subsidised Student cost is $50 per student
Money is payable to Orange PCYC
If you have any questions or would like to discuss further please contact Katrina Hausia on 0403230236 or email at email@example.com or Jaime Wenban 0437763889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed paperwork to be returned to Jaime Wenban at PCYC orange by 15th May 2023
Training will commence once teams have been finalised.